The use of digital channels to connect and engage with a target audience is known as digital marketing. It covers a wide range of topics such as social media marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization(SEO), pay-per-click(PPC) advertising etc.
Digital marketing is significant for organizations of all sizes because, it allows them to target their advertising efforts more accurately, and reach a wider audience.
There are several advantages of digital marketing:
- Reach a wider audience: Compared to conventional marketing strategies like T.V advertisements and print ads, digital marketing allows companies to target a wider audience. Consumers can be targeted based on their demographics and online activity.
- Measure the results of your marketing campaigns more accurately: Digital marketing allows companies to concisely measure the results of their campaigns than traditional marketing. This is because, digital marketing platforms offer businesses with data such as how many people saw the ad, how many clicked on the ad and how many became customers.
Following are some of the popular digital marketing channels:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO is the practice of increasing a website’s rating in search engine results page(SERPs). This can be done by optimizing the content , structure and code of the website for relevant keywords.
- Social media marketing: The use of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and twitter to reach and engage with target audience is known as social media marketing. This is done through creating and distributing meaningful content running ads and engaging with people.
- Email marketing: The process of sending email messages to a list of subscribers is known as email marketing. This can be used to simply communicate with customers, market products and services or provide business updates.
- Content marketing: The process of creating and sharing great content including blog posts, articles, infographics and videos to attract and engage an audience is known as content marketing. This content can be used to attract visitors, develop leads and finally turn those prospects into customers.
These are just a handful of the numerous digital marketing channels available to firms for reaching and engaging their target audience. Businesses can establish a plan that will help them reach their goals by combining these channels.